NLM releases new REMM website and mobile REMM app
The National Library of Medicine (NLM), Division of Specialized Information Services (SIS), has released major new versions of the REMM Web site and Mobile REMM app.
The National Library of Medicine (NLM), Division of Specialized Information Services (SIS), has released a major new versions of the REMM Web site and Mobile REMM app. Key changes are noted below. Many more updates and changes appear throughout REMM. http://www.remm.nlm.gov
1. Creation of REMM Multimedia Library
• Display of REMM multimedia items in carousel format
• Items accessible by content category
• New videos, illustrations, pictures, tables
2. REMM YouTube channel: 4 new videos uploaded
3. Improved REMM bibliography
• New table of contents improves access to listings
• Many new references and topics
4. Updated Prototype for Medical Orders
• Now includes Pediatric information
• Updated information in many sections, including use of anti-microbial drugs
5. New sections for \"Other Audiences\"
• Senior Leaders
• Legal advisors
• Radiation Safety Officers
• Public Health Officers
6. Updates to key pages
• Nuclear Detonation: Weapons, INDs
• Transportation Incidents
• Triage Guidelines
• Planners: Preparedness and Response
• What is exposure?
• What is contamination?
• Emergency Contacts
7. Print output from Dose Estimator for Lymphocyte Depletion Kinetics and Time to Onset of Vomiting
8. Improved right navigation panel for accessing key items
What's new on Mobile REMM, December 2012?
1. Interactive tool for radiation unit conversions, e.g. curie to becquerel, rad to gray
2. Updates to Emergency Contacts
It is strongly suggested that you update any versions of REMM you have previously downloaded to your computer, USB drive, or mobile device.
As always, if you have comments or questions, please contact us directly. http://www.remm.nlm.gov/Aboutthissite.htm#feedback
The REMM Team
Radiation Emergency Medical Management (REMM)
Guidance on diagnosis and treatment for health care providers