Innovative PAPR from Sweden
The Tiki Respiratory Protection Mask
Tiki was developed in Sweden, intended for use in demanding settings with the highest requirements of protection against airborne particles and bacteria. The Tiki mask is reusable, has self-adjusting ventilation and is operated with batteries. The mask measures the strength of every breath in real time and supplies the air and the pressure the user needs. A unique feature of the Tiki mask is that the motor and filter are on the top part of the mask instead of on a belt around the waist, providing better visibility and mobility.. And in contrast to other types of respirators where the filter is in front of the mouth and nose, the user’s face is visible in the Tiki mask, improving communication with co-workers and patients. Manufacturing is done in Tiki Safety's factories in Bro, north of Stockholm.
- Lightest weight PAPR out there at less than 14 oz.
- Attach the harness and you are ready to go right out of the box.
- No cumbersome hoses to attach and wear
- No belt to wear
- Can be used with anyone's protective garment with hood that is appropriate for the particular hazard/job which is more versatile and less costly. The replacement costs for the 3M or Maxair hoods are expensive. The commercially available disposable hoods or hooded garments run about $8-$10 which makes them easily disposable in a highly contaminated environment where decon is not possible
- Clear face piece so the patient and worker can see each other
- No need for extra communication systems since speech isn't hindered by the face piece
- Face piece passes the highest European eye protection standard- EN166F
- The PAPR passes the highest European PAPR standard EN12942 TM3P which is a safety protection level of 2,000
- Workers want to use it since it is so light and easy
- The replacement costs of the mask runs around $40 (distributor). Compare that with the competition
- Takes up less space - in the case of an emergency situation 400 masks would only take up 1 cubic meter which saves on transportation costs.
- Low battery warning so wearer knows to exit with about 15 minutes left
- Leak warning
- High level light weight battery available that has a clip to extend the time to 10 hours
- Car charger available - not sure that the competition has this.
- Three mask sizes - SM, MD, and LG.
- Blower is breath responsive and matches the users breathing for maximum comfort.
- Built in LED lighting
- Lowest cost of ownership on the market. The whole unit is considerably less than the competition and the replacement parts are economical.
See the Tiki in action