Zephyr Technology Press Release
Zephyr introduces revolutionary new PSM training ECHO solution
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Zephyr Introduces Revolutionary New PSM Training ECHO Solution
-- A Single Device to Measure Accelerometry, Physiology and More
PSM Training ECHO and Zephyr's High-Tech Compression Shirt to Debut
At NSCA National Conference in Providence, RI in July
July 1, 2012 Annapolis, MD - Zephyr Technology, a global leader in real-time Physiological Status Monitoring (PSM) solutions, today unveiled its revolutionary new PSM Training ECHO. This completely re-engineered training innovation is geared toward sports and fitness coaches, first responders, military leaders - virtually anyone training teams of individuals who must be in peak physical condition to perform their jobs.
PSM Training ECHO is far more than an a simple enhancement to its existing PSM Training and PSM Responder & Defense systems, which are currently used by MLB, NBA and professional soccer teams, NASCAR teams, collegiate sports teams, Army and Navy Special Forces groups, as well as HAZMAT and other first responder groups in several states.
\"Now one, single device can meet virtually all of a trainer's needs, from live monitoring of players' physiological status to analyzing stored data to train each individual and the team as a whole to peak performance levels,\" said Brian Russell, Zephyr's CEO. \"What's more, using PSM Training ECHO will prevent under training and over training, making it possible to get consistent maximum performance from every member of a team.\"
Along with PSM Training ECHO, Zephyr today introduced its Zephyr Compression Shirt - woven from a high-tech fabric produced by the 3M Company. It holds the circular Zephyr BioModule™, which houses the sensors that monitor and transmit physiological readings, firmly against the body at the sternum. The Zephyr Compression Shirt can be used with any of Zephyr's Professional PSM Solutions.
Zephyr will debut PSM Training ECHO and the Zephyr Compression Shirt at the National Conference of the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), to be held in Providence, RI July 11th-14th. .Zephyr will be showcasing its new products in Booth 722.
Advancements that make the PSM Training ECHO the industry leader in electronic training solutions include:
• The ability to monitor, transmit and log the physiological status of up to 50 athletes simultaneously. Prior versions of the product could monitor a total of 28 individuals.
• A new antenna communications system, called ECHO. While older systems relied on large panel antennae, PSM Training ECHO utilizes a single 3-inch antenna that connects directly to a laptop computer and up to six small repeaters, allowing full coverage of an area larger than two American football fields - 1,000 feet line-of-sight - with no dead zones.
• Two comfortable options for mounting the Zephyr BioModule sensors on team members that will not interfere with their physical activity - the new Zephyr Compression Shirt and the Zephyr BioHarness™, which straps around the user's chest.
• Live measurements of a wide range of physiological status data - including speed, heart rate, heart rate variability (HRV), breathing rate, intensity and load, jump and dash, recovery time and even core body temperature, without pills or probes. Of special interest to first responders and military users, PSM Training ECHO also measures vertical body position and activity - helping to identify trauma, stress, dehydration, and fatigue during training or operations. All of that data is streamed live and logged for later review and analysis.
• Included Zephyr OmniSense software generates a wide range of reports on individual and team progress, allowing coaches and team leaders to share information with one another and their superiors - and assists them in adjusting and fine-tuning drills and exercise regimens to improve individual and team performance.
\"PSM Training Echo is a giant step forward for building the athlete's competitive edge,\" Russell said. \"And it will save lives and speed mission response capabilities for civil and military squads who must deploy into harsh, extreme environments to ensure our safety and security. For any team whose mission demands top physical conditioning and peak performance, PSM Training ECHO will get them there -and beyond.\"
About Zephyr Technology
Zephyr Technology, www.ZephyrAnywhere.com, is a global leader in real-time physiological and biomechanical monitoring or \"Physiological Status Monitoring\" (PSM) solutions for Connected Health, Fitness and the Academic Research markets. Zephyr Technology leverages a world class team of engineers, scientists, physiologists and business experts.
Founded in 2003, Zephyr Technology has been a pioneer in the use of PSM in training and high stress operational environments. The company's ongoing collaboration with fire departments, NASA Ames Research Center, National Guard Civil Support Teams, and multiple US Special Forces has been invaluable in the development and validation of Zephyr's technology and its application in the most extreme operating environments to Measure Life. . . Anywhere!
For more information about Zephyr and its array of medical, sports, civil and defense solutions, visit www.ZephyrAnywhere.com or call 443-569-3603.