New generation survey meter designed for use by Military Forces
ECOTEST, an experienced developer and manufacturer of over 30 high-quality radiation measurement instruments and systems, is pleased to bring you the MKS-UM, a new generation survey meter designed for use by Military Forces.
MKS-UM is a full-range radiation survey device in field conditions. It is designed on the basis of MKS-U, which gained an excellent reputation under severe desert conditions during peacekeeping mission in the Middle East. . It is suitable for use by military forces, particularly NATO forces. MKS-UM measures alpha, beta, gamma and X-ray radiation. The high protection rating IP67 allows the device to be used under harsh climatic conditions, and a rubber protective case can safeguard it from mechanical damage.
The device measures dose rate of gamma radiation from background to emergency levels. It uses lithium-ion memory-effect-free battery. The display indicates a statistical error of measurements. Availability of the analog indicator and audio alarm of radiation intensity facilitates localization of radiation sources. It provides ease of use due to its small size and weight.
Its integrated dual-system GPS/GLONASS receiver enables MKS-UM to archive georeferenced measurement results.
The device has a nonvolatile memory of up to 4096 measurement results. The recorded results can be viewed on the display or transferred to the computer via the infrared port.
The device ensures a multilevel indication of battery discharge.
Storage battery of the device is charged with the help of the built-in charger from an integral solar battery, from an automobile battery or from an industrial network.
MKS-UM operates under the conditions of atmospheric precipitations, dusty conditions and in a wide temperature range. Back-lit display and controls allow the device to be used in dark areas.
Purpose of use
• Measures dose rate H*(10) of gamma and X-ray radiation
• Measures dose H*(10) of gamma and X-ray radiation
• Measures accumulation time of dose H*(10) of gamma and X-ray radiation
• Measures beta-particles surface flux density and beta-particles surface activity
• Measures alpha-particles surface flux density and alpha-particles surface activity
• Archives measurement results referring to the location coordinates
Branches of use
• LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES
• EMERGENCY SERVICES AND CIVIL DEFENSE
• NUCLEAR POWER
• RADIOACTIVE WASTE STORAGE SITES
• RADIOLOGICAL LABOROTARIES