Endeavor robotics incorporates MPU5 comms into their fleet
Endeavor Robotics and Persistent Systems, developers of the Wave Relay system, today announced an agreement to integrate the MPU5, a robust communication system, into Endeavor Robotics' family of battle-proven ground robots. The integration of the Wave Relay network with Endeavor Robotics robots is a force multiplier for warfighters by significantly increasing the distance of unmanned ground operations and enabling operators to control or observe multiple robot assets through a common controller interface over the Wave Relay Mobile Ad hoc Network Technology (MANET).
The first generation of tactical robots utilized limited range point-to-point radios constrained by frequency, transmit power and nominal mesh capabilities. Both robot systems and radio technology evolved greater capabilities and more secure and expandable communications between single systems or networks of down range systems. With the integration of advanced radio solutions such as Persistent Systems' Wave Relay MANET technology, operators of Endeavor robots will improve their capabilities by:
• Increasing operational range in urban areas and other radio-challenged environments by utilizing the MANET to establish and relay communications between multiple robots
• Providing operators and supporting personnel views of real-time video and telemetry feeds from all robots within the MANET
• Allowing operators to easily switch frequencies, power, and other radio settings in the field
• Enabling a more secure network and protecting information through advanced cyber-security protocols
• Uniting Endeavor robots with ground personnel via the Wave Relay MANET to form a massively scalable communications network
\"The strategic partnership with available cutting-edge and proven technology providers such as Persistent Systems enables us to provide the warfighter needed technologies to operate more safely and with greater success. We are excited to work closely with Persistent Systems to provide the robotic solutions the warfighter demands and the advanced communications networks that provide the greatest reliability,\" said Tom Frost, President of Endeavor Robotics.
Dr. Herbert Rubens, CEO of Persistent Systems, offered a similar perspective. \"Our partnership with Endeavor Robotics represents a huge step towards the future where the battlefield is fully networked. Networked connectivity between the warfighter and all of the unmanned systems and sensors will significantly increase situational awareness. Our unique and powerful MANET network will extend the operation and use of Endeavor's battle-proven family of robots to empower warfighters with information, allowing them to make better decisions and increase mission success.\"