Rigaku Analytical Devices, Inc. and DetectaChem, Inc. Have Completed Testing of Their Integrated Trace and Bulk Explosive Detection Solution in Partnership with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
Rigaku and DetectaChem chemical identification technologies are integrated into a single handheld solution to deliver advanced automated trace and bulk explosive detection and chemical analysis capabilities.
– Rigaku Analytical Devices, Inc. a leader in handheld and portable Raman analyzers, together with DetectaChem, Inc., with its innovative advanced automated colorimetric solutions, announce the demonstration of their new integrated next-generation alarm resolution and chemical analysis solution with TSA at the following facilities:
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- TSA Transportation Security Operations Center
“Rigaku and DetectaChem have joined forces to integrate, in a single device, two high-performance threat detection, and identification technologies,” said Bree Allen, President of Rigaku Analytical Devices.
“Our work with TSA’s Innovation Task Force allowed us the opportunity to deliver both advanced next-generation automated colorimetrics and Raman spectroscopy to transportation security operations in a single, high-performance integrated and automated solution,” said DetectaChem’s CEO, Travis Kisner.
Rigaku and DetectaChem’s integrated solution, like other Innovation Task Force demonstrations, provided airport stakeholders, TSA officers, and industry with valuable user feedback and operational experience to support the development of cutting-edge and robust detection capabilities to address new and emerging security threats.
More information about this integrated detection device from Rigaku is available at www.rigaku.com/QuickDetect
More information about detection technology from DetectaChem is available at https://detectachem.com/applications/explosive-detection