Captain David Laub
Captain David Laub has 28 years of service with the Los Angeles County Fire Department and is currently assigned to their Homeland Security Section as the Joint Hazard Assessment Team Leader. He has held the ranks of Firefighter/Paramedic, Fire Apparatus Engineer, and Fire Captain.
- Paramedic Training: 11 years as a field Firefighter/Paramedic stationed throughout central Los Angeles.
- Hazardous Materials Specialist Training: LA County Fire Department Type One (FEMA) Hazardous Material Task Force (HMTF 150).
- Urban Search and Rescue Specialist (USAR) Training: Los Angeles County USAR CA-TF 2.
- Advanced WMD and CBRNE Training: Task Force Officer (TFO) for the FBI Los Angeles Office.
Throughout his career, Captain Laub has developed and implemented programs that have enhanced Los Angeles County Fire Departments' ability to provide services to the public including:
- Tactical Emergency Medical Technicians (TEMS)
- Regional Multi-Agency Active Shooter Response Training
- Policy and Procedures for Fire Department Operations at Stadiums
- Drone Detection and Deterrence for Emergency Operations
Captain Laub is driven by a desire for self-development through learning, training, and teaching. His commitment and dedication to improve public safety through advancements in emergency services, technology, training, and education has been his life-long endeavor.