Convergence vs Covid
It is a challenging time to be an event organiser, and we have had emails from people requesting clarity on what is happening with Boston November. We are planning for the event to go ahead, and have a lot of reason to feel positive.
Outside of the great speakers and experience that we have planned, we think that we will be fortunate enough to fall after the Covid 19 wave has passed, and before the Covid 20 wave has started. There is no doubt that worldwide response to this will get better, and there will be an increase in business as usual, including travel and size of gathering.
At the event itself we will practice whatever social distancing is sensible, and provide clean dining options that will lower the chance of transmission via food.
We have also begun conversations with a range of suppliers to ensure that the event is as safe as it can be.
It has to be acknowledged however that there may well be decisions made my local or federal government that makes it impossible to run the event. If that happens our desire is to be able to postpone the event. We are planning that registered delegates will get a credit note and that exhibitors will be given a free booth at this re-scheduled Convergence. We will make all delegates and exhibitors aware of this as soon as we know.
We will also be planning on bringing in new speakers and exhibitors that will be able to provide individuals with new winning strategies and technology to help them beat Covid until a vaccine is available. We have been in touch with a number of speakers from Germany and South Korea that have handled this well, and can share their experience and we hope to be able to announce them soon!